Introductions

Hey, all!

My name is Cosmo. I work with wild-land fire support for an air tanker base. Until a year ago, I worked in the translation industry and was in grad school for literature. One day, I was reading a book and thought to myself Why do these NPCs not practice magic in this book?! if magic existed, I would practice it everyday and become amazing. A few weeks later, another line in a book hit me pretty hard, “this is magic. Sure-but not necessarily fantasy.” (Gravity’s Rainbow) When I watched people busking and singing along together, I realized that art is the closest thing we have to magic. It was literally stopping people in their tracks to listen. It can move people to tears, communicate the ineffable, and make people experience something new without leaving their chair.

I quit my job and found a job where I have a significant amount of free time so I can focus on learning my magic–writing books and music. It can be quite difficult meeting people who share ambitions similar to mine given I spend most of the year stationed or one spot or another. I’m glad to find an online spot where people are motivated to improve their crafts.

Thanks in advance for all the help and I look forward to assisting as able as well!

Regards,
Cosmo

1 Like

Hey Cosmo!

What a wonderful introduction! Sounds similar to me in that once I realised the magic of music and songwriting I realised I was going to have to give everything to it. The aim of this community is to try and pave an efficient path toward developing the core songwriting skills so that we can make best use of all the time that we devote to it. It’s still very much a work in progress but having a like minded community with members from all over the globe is proving to be one of the coolest things I’ve been a part of - so glad to have you along for the ride!