Deep Breath

Hey guys, thanks for making this Jamie! So I just had 2 weeks off and I wrote the music and lyrics for this song over that time. If you guys have any feedback it would be much appreciated.

P.s I’m changing each time i say breathS to just breath. Rolls off the tounge alittle easier

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to listen closely, but I really like the feel of it. And you made good use of the coffee as a sedative line!

1 Like

The coffee is a sedative was the whole reason for it! The line was to good to let slip

1 Like

Knowing the subject of the song, it’s great. It has that sweet contemplation feel to the lyrics. There were a few places that I thought maybe you could link images in a different way to reveal more. For instance “teardrops stain the coffee” is a good line, but what if the tears are kind of sweet, like sugar. Then tears sweeten the coffee, or maybe the tears smooth the coffee, like a creamer. That way, the coffee image is a little more locked on. But, you don’t really need to change it, just a thought.

1 Like

Yes! Thats actually the one line of the song I myself have thought there could be an alternative, I’ll try a few different things out but that a great suggestion!

1 Like

Beautiful- wow i’m insanely jealous of your guitar skills- your voice has a really nice tone too- sounds like you could benefit from engaging your diaphragm to have a little more control. It feels like a melancholy sort of lullaby, very soothing.

2 Likes